Saturday, February 26, 2011

Pretty is as Pretty Does

More than once I have heard this come out of my mama and my grandma's mouth. It is something that has stuck with me. Have you ever met someone so gorgeous or handsome and then because of their actions you can't believe that something so Ugly could ever come out of someone like that? I have & on more than one occasion...

The purpose of this blog came to me while listening to Kari Jobe and having my quiet time with the Lord. Reid and I are facing some challenges (together) and its time to take ALL of them to the Lord. My step-mom in law??(is this right) LOL or MY Marie told me that, "God don't bless Ugly!" It was amazing that another one of my mom figures would quote this to me! It brought back memories of me behaving badly and mom or grandma telling me, "Pretty is as Pretty does Danielle!" Although, Marie and I weren't necessarily talking about me or my actions at the time it made me think about the fact that I can not control the actions of others, but I can control the actions of Dani! ;) Yes, finally, I realized it! I can't make someone do what I want them to do or even what I know is best. However, I can control how I react or don't react! That I can pray for them and for me. I will probably struggle with this because of course Im ALWAYS right, right? Wrong, sometimes its something my drill instructors would say to us, "Good intentions, Bad Judgement!"
With all that said, I named this Pretty is as Pretty Does because I want to be pretty inside and out, pretty for the Lord in spirit , pretty in what I speak, pretty in how I carry myself, pretty in how I set an example for my daughter (Nati), my neices, or for strangers I have never met, & of course to feel pretty about myself on the outside! It is my hope that atleast one person will benefit from this, even if that one person is only me...

"They conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they did not love their lives in the face of death." Revelation 12:11

No comments:

Post a Comment