Saturday, February 26, 2011

Ordinary to EXTRAordinary!

After today I knew the Lord was speaking to me. "Come Back to me!" he was saying! Often I find that I will get into God's word just to have something come in and pull me away. It may not even seem malicious, & I certainly don't mean to let homework, school, TV shows, Facebook, concerning myself with others, cleaning house or anything else take over my quiet time with God, it just happens. John 10:10 says, "A thief comes only to steal, kill, and destroy," Oh how true that is! I actually sometimes feel like I notice when I am not in God's word everyday- Suddenly stupid things are more important than ever- a hold the devil brings over my mind. I am certainly not proud of this, but now I AM AWARE! Today I  attended a conference at my church, Christa asked us if there was an area in our lives where we needed to be healed. Now, I know that God is a healer, I know that he performs miracles everyday, my faith relies on "knowing" these things, knowing what my God can do. But today as I stood there singing, I was overwhelmed with God's voice saying, "HEY DANI, COME BACK! ALL THAT ANGER, FRUSTRATION, SADNESS, & WORRY YOU DEALING WITH, UMM I CAN HANDLE IT IF YOU JUST GIVE IT TO ME. YOU HAVE TIME FOR EVERYTHING ELSE, COME BACK AND MAKE TIME FOR ME AGAIN!" Simple and to the point! There are so many things that I NEED to accomplish throughout the day, but honestly with out Him, without his guidance (daily & sometimes hourly) it will mean nothing. So after today, starting tonight I'm going to make my ordinary life EXTRAORDINARY by making time for God, asking for his advice in every decision throughout my day no matter how BIG or how small!

So I'm starting this Blog to track my progress, to tell others what God is doing in my life, my family, in my own heart. A more formal introduction will follow shortly, but I knew this needed to be the first of many entries.

"For the Lord does not give us a spirit of fear or timidity, but one of POWER, LOVE, & SELF DISCIPLINE!" 2 Timothy 1:7

No comments:

Post a Comment